8/14/18

Poems | John D Robinson

PC: B.M. Barbeito







NO TIME

She kissed my lips, spat in my face,
broke my heart
and then wished
me well,
toughest motherfucker
I ever met,
the best education
I’ve been given
and the worst
beating I’ve ever
taken,
not a wasted
moment.



UNLUCKY THIS TIME (John Wesley Hardin)

He was ruthless, mean,
treacherous, later in life
he claimed 40 killings,
27 men are confirmed
to have fallen by his guns;
he once shot a man dead
for snoring; in Hardin’s
defence the snoring guy
was in the next room,
Hardin fired 2 shots
through the wooden
partition, 1 of the
bullets struck the
unlucky snoring bastard
in the head:
Hardin was later sentenced
to 25 years for another
killing, during his 16
years in prison he
studied law and when
released he practiced law:
he was shot through the
back of his head in a bar
in El Paso, Texas, in
1895, he was 42.




THE WRETCHED CURSE

If I had been given
the eyes of a poet,
the mind of a poet
the heart of a poet,
the strength
the depth
the insight
the harshness
the tenderness
the wildness
the cruelty
the beauty
the grit
and belief
I would have
shaken my fist
in anger at the
heavens at
such a
wretched curse.



THE ACCUSATION

‘Some asshole told me
that you write poetry!’
‘That’s just fucking ugly
gossip bullshit’ I said:
‘I thought so’ she said
as she ordered another
round of vodka:
‘I mean I knew it was
bullshit, you can’t even
spell your own name!’
she said laughing:
‘Write it?, fuck, I can’t
remember it most of
the time’ I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment