5/1/22

New | Poetry | Tanya Rakh

Delphine Romon, More Than Meets The Eyes



Sulfur


I cry my soul
into seven ancient rivers

each opens the mouth
of a burning star-- 

a sulfur world
that breathes our language




I Am Your Hurricane


I'll keep you warm
in winged blue rhythms
you know my secrets, 
you are the sea

sharp moon jolts the tide
and I disintegrate
implode in spiral
howling alone

I never wanted to destroy
anything beautiful

every salted maelstrom
each ceaseless rain
we can be safe here, 
alive inside the eye




The Land of Eternal Summer


Every syllable of you

is magic

moons distilled to blood

lifelines formed as

lightning


everything and ours

Alive

in salt and thunder

the laws of oxygen





Tanya Rakh was born on the outskirts of time and space in a cardboard box. After extensive planet-hopping, she now lives in Ottawa, Ontario with her family. Her poetry, surrealist prose, and cross-genre amalgamations have appeared in journals including The Gasconade Review, Redshift 4, Literary Orphans, Fearless, and The Rye Whiskey Review. Tanya is a Best of the Net nominee and the author of two books: Hydrogen Sofi and Wildflower Hell, new editions of each available from Posthuman Poetry & Prose.




No comments:

Post a Comment